I made this for dinner last night, it was a HUGE hit! The only thing I would do differently is buy a larger head of cabbage and tone down the quantity of meat used! I cannot wait to adapt this recipe to some of my other favorite Asian foods, you HAVE to make this, Paleo or not its DELICIOUS.
1 Large head of cabbage
3 bunches of green onions
1 lb. of pork tenderloin
1/2 lb. wild caught shrimp (uncooked)
1.5 lbs. chicken
2 Tbsp. Tamari or Soy Sauce (adjust to taste)
2 Tbsp. Fish Sauce (MUST HAVE INGREDIENT)
2 Tbsp. olive or coconut oil
1.Slice cabbage into thin strips, set aside in large bowl
2.Shred carrots, I used my food processor add to bowl with cabbage
3.Thinly slice green onions, save some for garnish if you like. Add to bowl with other veg.
4.Cut the chicken and pork into small bites, place in med. sized bowl
5. Add Soy or Tamari and let sit for 1/2 hour, I added about 5 cloves of crushed garlic as well but that is not necessary, we just LOVE garlic. Ginger is good to add here too if you have it.
6.Remove shells and devein shrimp, place in small bowl
7. Heat up wok with olive or coconut oil
8.Add pork and chicken, stir fry for 5 min. or until cooked.
9.Remove meat to another CLEAN bowl, set aside
10. Add cabbage, carrots and onions to wok with fish sauce, fry at high temp for aprox. 8 minutes or until cabbage is cooked but not mushy. I think I overcooked mine but it was still good, cabbage is a very forgiving veg.
11. Add shrimp and stir fry until pink
12. Add pork and chicken, stir fry for a few minutes and its DONE!!!
I did add some crushed red pepper for a little heat, it is totally no necessary but we like our spicy food around here! :) I hope you try it, we LOVED it..